Select the "Register" tab in the lower left corner or click the top-right "Menu" button and choose "Register" in the drop-down list, you will get the registration dialog box. Then copy and paste the Email and Code into the registration dialog.
First please make sure that you have downloaded the right program. The registration information is case sensitive. And, please do not add blank at the beginning or the end of the word. You can also copy and paste the E-mail and Code into the registration box. If you are sure that you are running the right program and following the direction but still get the error message, please contact our support team for help.
Firstly, please make sure you have downloaded the music to your computer, and it can play normally in iTunes. And please make sure your computer is well authorized with the same Apple ID that you used when downloading the iTunes music.
Secondly, if you have downloaded the music to your computer, but the program still fails to read them. Please follow these steps to fix this issue:
1. Uninstall TuneCable from your computer
2. Delete "iTunes Music Library.xml" from the folder. For mac users, you can find the file through: your home directory –> Music –> iTunes. For Windows users: C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes
3. Download and install the program from Download Center (don't start it)
4. Start iTunes and play a song to automatically generate .xml file
5. Close iTunes and start TuneCable
TuneCable trial version only allows trial users to convert the first 1 minute of each song for sample testing. To unlock this restriction, please purchase a license.
Any audio files that could be played on your iTunes, could be converted by TuneCable Apple Music Converter, including Apple Music files, iTunes music and audiobooks, music file you purchased, audio book you bought from Audible, etc.
For this error, we have some suggestion for you, please try and check if it helps to fix this issue.
1. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the program. If not, please download the latest version through the download center
2. Please make sure the original audio can be played on iTunes normally, and your computer is well authorized with the same Apple ID that you used when downloading those songs from iTunes.
3. Please check whether the problem only happens to individual files, if so, please try to convert them again.
4. For Windows users, please make sure iTunes is closed. Please don't use iTunes while converting.
5. Please check whether is there any external audio device connected with your computer while conversion, including USB, Wi-Fi, Airplay, Bluetooth and HDMI, etc. If so, please disconnect them and retry.
6. For Mac users, please refer to Q15 below to delete the driver file under "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/MJRecorderDevice.driver", then reboot your Mac and retry:
If you choose iTunes App mode, you should quit iTunes before running TuneCable Apple Music Converter, and you'd better don't use iTunes while converting. Any operations on iTunes while converting may affect the result.
The converted files are stored in the output folder. Click the "Converted" tab in the left bar to find the output audio.
Select 'AUTO' from Output Format in Settings, and TuneCable will output the songs with the original sound quality saved and the source format as well.
Please disable the Crossfade Songs in iTunes > Preferences > Playback.
Please disable the Crossfade Songs in iTunes > Preferences > Playback.
Before converting, you can choose to sort the output music files into folders by "None", "Playlist", "Artist", "Album", or other provided options from Output Organized in Settings, so that the files would be organized properly.
Please open iTunes Preferences by clicking "Edit >> Preferences" and choose the "Playback", then select "Windows Audio Session" from the drop-down list of "Play Audio Using" and click "OK". After that, close iTunes and launch TuneCable to convert those songs again.
When choosing MP3 or AAC as output format, all the metadata info (including Title, Artist, Album, Artwork, Track number, Disc number, Year) will be kept by default.
The sound has stopped working on your Mac after using TuneCable? No worries, you can refer to this guide to get your Mac's speakers working again:
(1) Open "Terminal" on machine. You can do this by click "Applications" folder in Finder, then open "Utilities" and double-click on "Terminal".
(2) Copy this code:
sudo rm -rf /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/MJRecorderDevice.driver and paste it to the pop up terminal window, and press "Return". Then enter the password of your Mac and press "Enter" on the keyboard.
(3) Close this "Terminal" window on Mac.
(4) Restart your machine. Restart your Mac and then you can play the audio normally via media devices.
Yes, from the V1.1.0 version, TuneCable Apple Music Converter supports running on M1 Chip devices. You can know more from the version history.
Cause: An unknown error is occuring.
Solution: You can try again later or change your conversion mode under the program setting.
Cause: Error code 1005, 1200, 1201, 6208 belongs to runtime error.
Solution: Please restart the program for a try.
Cause: Your iTunes/Apple Music account is logged in and playing music at the same time on multiple devices.
Solution: Please make sure that you are only using iTunes/Apple Music on your computer while in conversion.
Cause: Error code 1010, 1700-1702 mean you are encountering errors like query no match, query failure, download failure under "YouTube Download" conversion mode.
Solution: Please try iTunes Record Mode in the settings.
Cause: TuneCable fails to initiate iTunes/Apple Music.
Solution: Please restart the program for a try. If the problem still persists, we suggest you reinstall iTunes/Apple Music from its official website.
Cause: Error code 1102 means TuneCable fails to play songs in iTunes/Apple Music, you can check if you can fix it with the below options.
(1) Please check if you are using the latest version of TuneCable and iTunes/Apple Music.
(2) Please check if you can play the song on iTunes/Apple Music like you normally do.
(3) If you are using Bluetooth or other device to connect your computer, please break the connection.
If you encountered the Failed 1802/1803 when using TuneCable Apple Music Converter for Mac under macOS 11.1 or above, please follow our instructions below to authorize 'Music' in the 'Automation' section.
Step 1: Go to 'System Preferences' > 'Security & Privacy' > 'Privacy' module.
Step 2: Find the 'Automation' option, then enable 'Music' option under TuneCable Apple Music Converter.
If the problem persists, please provide us with more detailed information to our support team via [email protected] for further analysis, we will find the solution for you ASAP:
1. Which macOS are you running and what’s your iTunes version?
2. What kind of audio are you converting? Apple Music? Audiobooks? iTunes M4P songs or ordinary audio files?
3. What’s the output format and settings you chose?
4. Does the problem happen to a certain audio file or to all audio files?
5. Please send us the log files of TuneCable Apple Music Converter. Just find the menu button on the upper right corner and click on File > Show Log File > Logs. Please send us all the logs in this folder.
Cause: Error code 4000-4005, 4100-4105 means the input/output path does not exist, the program fails to create the output files or the name of the output path is too long, or need authorization to create a folder.
Solution: Run TuneCable as an administrator, go to the "Setting" window, set a different output path, and choose "None" under "Output Organized" for a try.
For Error 4003, please change the output path to a disk that has much space left.
Cause: Error 4106 means the output file is too large to save into your FAT disk.
Solution: Please choose another output path apart from FAT disk.
For better development of TuneCable products, we adopt new technology in the latest version which is no longer compatible with macOS 10.14 or lower systems.
There are some solutions if you can not use the TuneCable program for this reason:
1. Update your macOS system to Mac 10.15 or above. The latest version is recommended.
2. Switch to a Windows computer, and our support team will help you change the license.
3. Download the old version which is still compatible with macOS 10.11 -10.14. However, we still want to remind you that the old version may have some bugs which already been fixed in the latest version.
TuneCable Apple Music Converter: https://www.tunecable.com/tunecable-imusic-converter-oldmacos.dmg
We are sorry that currently the program is limited to 1X conversion speed under macOS 10.13 and above when you choose App working mode. The Windows version of the program is able to convert at fast speed as usual. We can help you switch to the Windows version if needed.
If you want to keep the original chapter in the audiobooks, please select AAC as output format.
Please contact us at [email protected], tell us which problem are your encountering and provide us with detailed info like Mac OS, Spotify version, and program log files for analysis. You can submit your problem through 'Menu' > 'Feedback' and attach the log files.